How Can A Product Liability Lawyer Compensate You For Your Damaged Health?
Suppose you purchased a product, but because the product is defective, it causes you serious injury. A product liability lawyer can investigate and hold the manufacturer, wholesaler, and/or retailer legally responsible.
When Do You Need A Product Liability Attorney?
Hiring a product liability lawyer becomes necessary when you need compensation for injury caused by a defective product. He or she can review your case and help you decide whether to seek compensation from the manufacturer, wholesaler, retailer or other responsible parties.
Areas of Product Liability Cases
The areas of product liability are manufacturing defects, design defects, and failure to warn. Let’s take an example of such three topics in detail.
- A product contains a manufacturing defect if the product differs from the manufacturer’s design or specifications or from other typical units of the same product line. For example, a tire fails because the plies are faulty, or glass fails because it had a crack in it when it left the manufacturer.
- A design defect can occur where a product does not perform as an ordinary consumer would expect or where the benefit of the design is outweighed by the risk it presents. For example the gas tank of the car is placed in such a way as to risk explosion in a collision or a dresser is designed in such a way that a child can pull it down on top of her.
- Failure To Warn is the third type of product liability claim, which focuses on missing information from the product’s label or posted warnings. For example, a tool does not contain a warning that it should not be used without a guard or that it should not be held in a particular manner. The manufacturers’ legal responsibility is to inform consumers about potential accidents or side effects.
Types of Products that may by Defective
- Automobiles or their component parts
- Furniture, home appliances, or toys
- Tools or equipment
- Virtually any Product can be defective.
Where Can You Hire A Product Liability Attorney?
The Freitas Law Firm, LLP has successfully handled numerous products liability cases and has obtained millions for its clients.
Get a quick consultation with our professional attorneys. Learn more on our Personal Injury page or call Tom Keating at 415-456-7505.